It took quite a while to get back this state above, but we are soooo glad Noah is feeling better. Noah missed all but one day of school last week and ended up with an ear infection on top of his virus. It was tough seeing him so weak and lethargic, but he is making up for his lost weight this week with some healthy eating. I'm not sure that he will ever want to eat his Easter candy again and Camden is o.k with that (wink!)
We had a fun weekend watching both boys play soccer. We also enjoyed visiting with Great-grandparents and Aunt Wendy.
A different note: Brian and I watched "No Country for Old Men" last night and I have to say that it is a great movie that I hated every minute of!!!! I can see how it was awarded so many awards but it is a very disturbing, horrific movie. I could not wait for it to be over but at the same time I was riveted to my seat to see what happened next. Have you seen it? What did you think.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Noah is down with the stomach virus, YUCK!!!! He hasn't quite felt well since Thursday and on Sunday night the puking began. We send out a very heartfelt "Thank you" to Aunt Tiffany, Uncle Mark and Aunt Tish for the Easter buckets, they have come in handy the past two days!!! This is a nasty little virus that has produced some odd symptoms. His eyes are half red from the pupils to the bottom of his eye, his tongue is white, his checks are so red, the Dr. asked if he was sunburned! Fever, headache and of course the projectile stomach emptying. I pray it ends soon and doesn't get passed around.
I am off to do a mound of laundry and disinfect the house. I will leave you with the only picture taken of the boys in their Easter clothes. Enjoy!
Posted by 3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound at 12:04 PM
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Mom was working this week and Dad was the driver around town with the kids. I never knew the conversations were so off the cuff in the car. They all seemed to come from out of nowhere.
#1 Dad, you are a great driver.
(Dad) why do you say that Camden?
(Camden) Thats cause you dont make the car hit any of the sides of the road.
(dad wondering) mommys driving?
(noah) Yeah.. sometimes when mommy turns she cant see the curb, so I tell her if she is going to hit it.
(dad) do you hit curbs ?
noah& Camden) yeah!
(mommy says this story was embellished by the kids... a little)
Camden: I want to be a policeman, a firemen, a spaceman, and a race car Driver!
Dad: Those are all dangerous, Why do you want to be a race car driver
C: Thats cause Noah want to be a race car driver and I want to run him off the road!
D: discusses the dangers of real race car driving...Why do you want to be a policeman?
C: Thats cause.. they take people to jail and I dont want to ever go to jail. (this is a real concern for him)
D: policemen can go to jail cant they?
Daddy: why do you want to be a fireman?
C: Because I am good at that.
Daddy: Noah? why do you want to be a space man?
Noah: I want to be the first person to see ALL of the planets.
D: I think if you got too close to Mercury, you would melt.
Noah: (hesitantly) Lets.. just X that one off the list, I dont want to do that any more.
D: and.. if you ever get to Pluto, you would probably be an ice cube
N: That is because it is so far away from the sun...OK no space man for me:
Camden: I saw the first time someone honked their horn at Mommy
C: someone honked at mommy, thats cause
(this is where the story became a little confusing)
thats cause mommy was blocking the ally and someone honked at her.
D: do people honk at you often?
C: no just once
Daddy... thinks he is missing some exciting times in the car.
We had a great week off this week
Science and Nature Bldg
lots of soccer
Easter egg party and hunt
hanging with Grandparents
hanging with GreatGrandParents
Hanging with Aunts tish,Tiffany &UncleMark
Posted by 3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound at 7:26 AM
Sunday, March 02, 2008
I need to list 7 random things that many of you out in blogland may not know about me. This is for you "Blue Eyes". It has taken me forever to come up with 7 things, because let's face it... I am boring!!!
1. I am not fond of LARGE groups of people. I was painfully shy as a child and still take a really long time to warm up to people. So, if you put me in a large group, I just want to dig a hole and crawl in.
2. I am public enemy number one of the vacuum cleaner. There hasn't been a vacuum cleaner that has survived my use. I don't stop for anything, I just vacuum right over it...that may have something to do with the quick demise, huh?
3. I am gullible. I believe most everything you tell me. Case in point... the wall-stretcher incident. If you haven't read about it, you must click here and revisit my pain.
4. I am not fond of SMALL groups of people either. I do not like to be singled out and put on the spot. It is one thing for me to step out of my box, but when I am thrust out I am not a happy girl!!!
5. I am still wearing the toenail polish from my last pedicure in August. Yeah, I neglect my feet.
6. On the topic of feet, I don't wash my legs or feet. I just assume they are clean when all the soapy water flows down them from the top of my body. Yep, you wanted to know these things, so stop thinking "that is gross".
7. I have never had a cavity and the only dental work of any consequence that I have had done is having my wisdom teeth removed and an implant to replace a baby tooth that I had for almost 30 years.
And one for good measure:
8. Once when eating french fries, I was caught off guard and started laughing so hard that I inhaled my fry up the back of my throat and into my nasal cavity! It burned like the dickens, but I kept on laughing.
So there you have it. You be the judge, not to exciting huh?
Posted by 3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound at 9:49 AM
Saturday, March 01, 2008
I have to brag on her.
The latest cake to come from the cake maker.
a Mavericks cake
we had all kinds of cool ideas.
We decided to throw out caution and make a full scale basketball.
with a way too intricate logo on one side and name/age on the other ( in the appropriate font of course).
The best thing is: I could not do the parts she does and she is OK with me
carving and drawing. It is almost peaceful. Waiting until the finished product is out of the house is a little scary with 2 ..no 3 boys that live in the fridge.
Its all really cool (I think)
Posted by 3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound at 8:36 PM