Monday, December 10, 2007

Preparing for Christmas





I haven't had much time to update with Camden being sick. He went back to the Dr. on Friday and he confirmed early Pneumonia. He had a really bad night last night reacting to an oral steroid. There wasn't much mom and dad could do to help him, we are praying that it leaves his body quickly. He is improving with the Pneumonia, but slowly.

Here are some pictures of the kids singing at church and a Gingerbread house that we made. It was our very first time to make one and I think they did a great job. However, no one will be enjoying eating this house due to the fact that Noah coughed all over it and Camden licked every one of his candies before putting it on the house.



Finally, we did venture out over the weekend to ride the North Pole Express in Grapevine. One word... Magical. I don't think Camden ever realized that we weren't really on the Polar Express. When the conductor asked to punch his ticket (like in the movie) the look on his face was priceless. Santa also made a visit on the train ride and the kids just stared in awe! They made an ornament and went up stage to sing with all the other kids "Jingle Bells" as loud as they could. Noah and Camden each took a turn in the microphone singing "Rudolph". There were some really great memories made that night that my kids won't soon forget.


3 comments:

Ladyornot.com said...

I love the pic of the kids singing. Do you mind if I snag a copy of them singing. I didn't have my camera.

I am so happy the kids had fun on Polar Express. You guys are truly fun parents!

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Your house looks great. I love the gumdrop "art". The boys look like they had a blast on the polar express. I'll add Camden to my prayer list. Carolyn will know more on Wed. at her last appt. w/oncologist before treatment. Thanks for asking. She's in great spirits. Keep on praying.

Taylor said...

Looks like lots of fun. I love this time of year.

Did your email address change, for some reason I keep getting an undeliverable. I'm wanting the recipe for the beans ya'll brought camping in May....if you don't mind ;)