Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Soccer, Cell Phone, New Cake and I'm Addicted to...



Power-washing!!!

I have been power-washing everything in sight... the s
and box, the fence, the sidewalk and patio in the backyard and the sidewalk in the front yard. Brian said I went a little over the top cleaning the sidewalk that is not technically our property, but it is addicting and I just can't stop! It gives me such satisfaction to see the lines of dirt spray right off! Just look at the difference on the above fence! Satisfaction, ahhhh!!!


Camden had his first two soccer games this weekend and they were fun to watch. His team is made up of 3-year old boys who all understand the concept of the game. The opposing teams that they played mostly cried and in one instance wouldn't even come onto the field to play. At one point Camden's team was playing themselves. I'm not surprised the other teams might have been a bit intimidated, because when Camden and a few others got the ball they were on a mission. They drove the ball down and didn't care who was in the way until they scored. Camden scored 5 goals in his first game and 2 in the second game. I don't think either of the other teams scored at all. We will have to work on keeping "his hands to himself" and "not jumping on the other players when they are down on the field".

Noah had his second game of the season, sorry, I don't have any pictures. The field is big and he had a great time running and driving the ball down the field. He i
s looking forward to playing goalie hopefully in the next game.



I made a new cake for a friend's birthday. Good practice... if he doesn't come and get it I may start eating it.

Last but not least, I have a cell phone. It has been over 5 years since we have had such a luxury and I really have not missed having one. It seems to have been a bigger deal to those around us and that is how we ended up with this phone. My employer gave it to me so that I could communicate with his son whom I take home from school. I had to have a 9th grader show me how to work the thing and for a day and a half I couldn't make it ring (that's a whole nother story). Anyhoo... he videoed the front dash of my car and every time I opened the phone it plays this video. He just left me with "this present" and didn't tell me how to fix it. So.... I won't tell you how long it took Brian and I to figure it out but it has now been corrected. Whew... I didn't know cell phones were so much work. So... I have a cell phone without the cost and I'm loving it!!!

9 comments:

Phat Girl said...

Power washing is GREAT FUN! I have done it a couple of times....and it is addicting!
GO CAMDEN GO! He's growing up so much...to fast.
Congrats on the cell phone......Welcome to this Century!

Ladyornot.com said...

I want a cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We could celebrate my first cake from you with...a cake ;)

I was great seeing you today!

Yay Camden I hope you had lots of fun!

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Ok, now tell us your cell phone number so we can ring you for fun hoping you know which button to push to answer...my guess is the green button...Where did ya'll get the power washer...We could use one over here for the porch.

Phat Girl said...

Why don't you ever comment on my blog anymore? I have not had a comment from you in ages! What have I done to deserve the NO COMMENTS on my BLOG from my friend Sharon(throwing my hand over my forehead & speaking in a very southern accent over here...trying to be very dramatic with all my Southern charm)? :)

Amber said...

Beautiful cake!!! Good job. I sometimes wish I didn't have a cell phone. I have a tendency to turn if off when I don't want to talk to anyone.....But it is good to have when you are on the road and need to get things taken care of......

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Amber NOT wanting to talk....that's a rare-ity....(wink)

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

where did you get the power washer? buy? rent??? do tell...

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

We are borrowing it from my F.I.L. My dad also has one... we like to power-wash in this family.

~Lydia~ said...

Beautiful CAKE!!!

Soccer is so much fun! I love playing and know Camden will love it too!

We need to get a power washer to wash our pool deck off.