Friday, September 21, 2007

Lesson Learned

Today while I was loading the groceries into the back of my SUV, Camden holds up a pack of gum and says "look Mom at what I found". We did not buy this gum and immediately my heart felt like it fell into the pit of my stomach. Irrationally, I was thinking "we are going to jail", rationally, I was thinking, "no we aren't, he is only 3!". So I explained to Camden that we can only keep the things that we buy and we needed to return this back to the store. He was cool with that. We went back and explained the situation and Camden said he was sorry to the store manager. As we were walking back out to the car, a woman stopped me and said, "he doesn't know how lucky he is to have a Mommy like you." I thought about that and the lesson I taught to Camden this morning and really a lesson to whoever else may have been watching and learning as well.

We have a busy weekend packed full of soccer games, a birthday party and balloon watching. I am thankful that we can live so close to the Balloon festival, that we can see the balloons from our house.

Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

You remember those little Brach's displays that grocery stores use to have when we were little. One time on a weekend that we were with DAD, Brooke put a whole handful into her pocket and then brought them to me in the store and said, "Look sissy the sign said TAKE ON"...I said Brooke we have to pay for those and I did the same thing, made her take them back and had to explain that each one cost a quarter...
I wonder if she remembers that....

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Oh, I almost called you last night. I had that show Are you Smarter than a 5th grader on in the background and the contestant looked and had mannerisms just like Mark. It was too funny. The way he smiled and would stick his tongue out when he was laughing....Mark's got a twin out there somewhere.

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

I know I have seen Mark's twin a couple of times. Freaky, isn't it?

Ladyornot.com said...

I used to do the same thing heather!

Sharon you are a good mom. Sometimes our society tells us not to ever be happy with our parenting. If you work, you should feel guilty. If you don't work then, you should feel guilty. If they are not at the smartest kids in school...you know.

I am proud of you!