Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Fun with water

b here

Water Park on Saturday, the "spray ground" ya know.
great time and lots of fun.. stories.
Everyone is having such a good time and I think to myself, my kids are both going to have to use the bathroom. (Looking around) Uh oh..
Thinking, ... I wont say anything and hope for the best.
About a minute later I hear "I need to use the bathroom", followed by"...Me too".
Lets go I say. Being resourceful I think, "I can handle this, and maybe even be discreet".
We go to the nearby school, AH-HA! Drains from the roof. Sure enough a small drain funnels into a big drain at the ground. It has to do. Job done.. I think;
Lots of fun later, minutes anyway I get, "daddy, I need to make stinkies". I'm like, home we go, sorry, not doing that into the drain pipe. I am wrapping up and I find out we have a portable "potty in a bag". Yes!, problem averted. This was a great idea, I'm excited. Off we go to the school. To the school... there was a little patio that was protected. I set up the potty, of course Camden says Look, a "baby potty". I tell them, No it is just portable so you can go wherever you are. It has a cool bag to stay clean. It is sweet! They did not buy it, Noah sat down for one second and miraculously did not have to go. Back to the fun. What, 15 minutes later, they both run over, "I really have to go tinkle, really bad!" Did I mention the sweet game of treasure hunt the kids were playing, prior to the near catastrophe. All these kids in a giant group looking around the place. We will get back to that. We run back to the school.
I tell Noah to just run over and we will catch up to him. Just as I shouted to Noah that he did not need to take his pants all the way off (?), he is standing there naked peeing on a pole |-() (in case you cant otherwise picture this site) Here comes the treasure hunters! the treasure is apparently closer to the school than what I was planning. (by this time I am just about dying)
I tell Camden to just go and tinkle.
He does, all before he gets his shorts down.
I throw up my hands to give in.
I tell Camden to go play in the splash park and "rinse off"... no one will ever know!
Oh yeah, we did finally have to drive to a tire shop to use the restroom.
These kids could not have asked for a better time.

We got home and the first thing Noah said about the day was (... suspense...)
Mommy there was a house for sale right by the park. (he was then asked) "would it be cool to live that close to a water park?" (he answers) "no, because we would not be close enough to Courtney.

Oh my how I can complicate such a simple life.
I love them like crazy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What interesting reading. I felt like it was a novel and I didn't know where it was all going. I laughed and was right there with you, Sharon! You are very good at expressing yourself. And how sweet that the house for sale was too far from Courtney. And what wonderful comments from Noah's teacher. Teachers emailing. Wow. And I have NO doubt Camden is a tiger on the soccer field. Go team go! Love you all. TxTuTu

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHHHHH I forgot. I loved the picture of the cake. How pretty! I want one. And good for you taking Camden back in the store! Love, TxTutu

Ladyornot.com said...

LOL well Courtney would be sad if Noah moved away too. I guess we will have to be neighbors forever ;)