Friday, September 28, 2007

Updates

We are doing quite good health wise for being in the full swing of allergy season. Both boys have had the occasional stuffy nose, but so far we have managed to avoid any croup or Respiratory illnesses that are going around. Praise God!!!

Since Brian was diagnosed in April with diabetes, he has lost a total of 50 pounds! He looks amazing and feels even better. We have changed the way we eat and we both have more energy. His levels have been good, which is a good thing since he took himself off the medication (we won't go there, long story) and probably won't go on them again unless it is an emergency.

Since starting my exercise class 3 weeks ago, I have lost 3.5 pounds and feel stronger than I have in years. I am still looking forward to going 3-times a week and will ride this high as long as I can. I did pull my hamstring muscle on Monday but is is starting to feel pretty good today. I am on my way to my first goal of losing 10 pounds and am excited!

Camden had a follow-up appt. about the lump on his knee. It has not changed in 3 months which we were happy to hear. We will continue to watch for any changes and follow-up in 6 months.

On a different note....

Last night at Noah's school they had a Book Fair Blizzard that we attended. The kids wore their P.J.'s and took their favorite stuffed animal and then sat and listened to the teachers read them bed-time stories. While they listened, Mom & Dad went shopping at the Book fair. We pretty much bought what was on Noah's wish list, with a surprise waiting for his birthday or Christmas. Afterwards, there were book characters dressed up in costume and snow cones to enjoy outside. We had a nice time and both boys are already looking forward to it next year.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Phat Girl said...

Brian looks great after his weight lose!
I can not believe he took himself off the meds--Shame, Shame! :)

Next time, I'll go put on pj's to eat snow cones! :)

Amber said...

Sharon- keep it up! I know when I'm exercising on a regular basis, I feel amazing. Way to go Brian.

Ladyornot.com said...

I am guessing that now that Brian is keeping up with his diet and controlling his eating he is doing wonderful and doesn't need the meds. I know you both are proud of getting healthy and setting a great example for the boys! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Wow, Brian congrats to you. Sharon, post a picture of that skinny husband of yours. Was it Metformin he took himself off of? The hospital did that to me right after my surgery and they never put me back on it. I'm doing fine. I would guess the weight loss could reverse the diabetes diagnosis as it's done w/me. Cool, book fair idea.....snow cones and p'j's. sounds fun.

Anonymous said...

Having owned 5 Curves I know how that weight loss and exercise works! I'm so proud of you both for getting on a healthy diet way-of-life. I, too, am back on it and have lost 2 lbs since Wed. I am tracking my cal,carb,protein count and am amazed at my carb intake. THAT is grinding down to much less per day. And the book fair sounds like SO MUCH fun - I wanna go! Loe you all, TxTutu