Thursday, March 29, 2007

Where has the time gone?

Tomorrow is a big day. Tomorrow my baby will be enrolled in Kindergarten. Noah is so excited and so ready to go. Mom and Dad are also very excited and know that he is ready to go as well. It really doesn't seem like 5 years have already gone by.

I worry how all of this will affect Camden. He has never been without his brother for so long. He has been Noah's shadow and has not really made his own decisions. This will be good for him, but it won't be easy.



On another note, the boys constantly make me laugh.

I was listening to them sing "This Little Light of Mine" one morning in Sunday school. Once Camden's "light" (finger) was lit, he then aimed it like a gun and proceeded to shoot the air. Then Ms. Shannon would re-light his finger and again he was shooting. I would like to think he was shooting the devil away...but I don't think so.

The next Sunday as the boys were singing, I rounded the corner to hear them singing "Deep and Wide,... Kapow, Deep and Wide... Kachow". Maybe we have seen the "Cars" movie one too many times.

I am not real thrilled that they have destroyed perfectly good Christian songs, but then again what can I do, they are boys.


_____________________________________

Camden is doing great with potty-training. It has almost been 3 weeks since he got serious and decided he didn't want to be a baby anymore. The first time he pooped in the potty, he gave us a lengthy list of all the rewards we had promised him over the past year. Boy, that kid is smart. So... we have been to Chuck E. Cheese several times, Planet Pizza, and he has consumed more ice cream and popcicles than the law allows we also have been to the all-time favorite, Toys R Us out pick out a toy. We are taking things slow and letting Camden make the decisions.

I will try to post more often. It has been busy lately and is likely to only get worse. I have been watching two extra kids three times a week. The oldest child is 4 and plays great with my boys. The baby is 7 months old and is just a sweetheart. We have enjoyed having them here and will miss them when they are gone in a few months.

2 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Girl your deep and wide song story cracked me up. Luke is SO into the Cars movie right now that every night he has to sleep with 3 "Queen" cars, his McQueen ball. I'm just waiting for him to want to sleep in his Mater shirt. Too funny huh!

Anonymous said...

MYyyyyyy goodness you are right! The time has flown by. We opened our first Curves and heard that you all were pregnant. We now back down to one Curves and Noah is starting Kindergarten and Camden is potty-trained. Fantastic. Me thinks Tutu needs to purchase congrat gifts for both little men. HUGS and see you SOON.TUTU