Thursday, March 15, 2007

Accidents not Illnesses

If it's not one it's the other.

Tuesday marked the first day back to school for the boys. They had a great first day! When I went to pick up Camden I had an incident report waiting for me to sign. Camden's description of the event went something like this:

"I was racing really fast and I got a broken tire."

The official report states that:

"After running full throttle, Camden tripped over a mat on the playground and badly scraped his arm and leg and he sustained a large bruise on his forehead."

I went to pick up Noah and he was also sporting a scraped arm from tripping over the same mat on the playground.

Brian returns home on Tuesday night from his basketball game with his arm swollen and immobile. He and another player tangled and went down to the ground with his teammate who is easily Brian's height and weighs more, landing on Brian's elbow. After an x-ray on Wednesday that ruled out any obvious breaks he is contemplating how to be a "lefty" for a few weeks.

That would bring us to Thursday. No signs of trauma on anyone yet, but it is still early. Camden did have a near miss on a tricycle at school today but it ended well. Playmates, a fence and a large parked SUV were all targets when Camden started pedaling downhill very fast with no chance of stopping (since he doesn't know how). I was told that he did a pretty good job of bobbing and weaving though!


4 comments:

Phat Girl said...

I love reading about Your Sweet Family especially since you are way out numbered by the male gender! Thanks for sharing this story. I think you may want to keep a close eye on the boys...or better yet, put a leash on each of them.

Ladyornot.com said...

Brian told me that he was hurting on Wed, when I called you back. I hope you all stay un-scrached for a few weeks now!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about all the accidents. Glad mom is keeping out of harms way. Hope and pray Brian's arm gets better soon. Sounds like an awful fall. And the runaway Camden and the "broke a tire" - had to laugh. See you all in a few weeks. Can't wait! (Tutu has a puffy foot from running into kitchen hutch at full speed - guess it runs in the family.

Anonymous said...

3/27/07: Just checking to see if anything new. We look forward to seeing everyone in a week and a half! Love you all. Tutu & Ross