Monday, March 12, 2007

Ants and Adhesives

Spring break has come and gone and we are now back to our routine. We didn't go away for spring break, just stayed home and caught up on a few projects. We tried to catch up on some sleep as well, but Gracie, the dog didn't allow us to do that.

The last I blogged she was getting sick in the backyard and I thought it was a one-time deal and she would be fine. I was wrong. She had eaten the burnt, blakened food that is in the bottom of our bbq grill, while we were cleaning it out. She was up every hour needing to go outside for at least two days. Then for the next 4-5 days she only needed out 4 times each night. She appears to be on the mend and I hope she has learned her lesson, although I am not holding my breath.

With spring, the ants have moved into our house. We think that we have them under control in one room and they appear in droves in another room. I awoke this morning to at least 200 ants in our bathroom. It gives me the creeps to see that many ants. Noah and Camden think having ants in the house is great and are proud to put on their bug collecting tools and go hunting for bugs.

Camden has a fascination with adhesives. Not long ago, I found that he had used a bottle of glue to hang his favorite artwork on our refrigerator. Luckily, I found it before the glue had time to dry and it was a fairly easy clean up.

Yesterday, Brian walked in the kitchen to find him wrappped up in scotch tape. He had pulled a VERY long piece of tape out of the dispenser and then was turning in circles trying to figure out what to do with it and got wrapped up in the tape. What a sight!

Hope this satisfies the blog nazi's out there. I will post again when there is something exciting going on.

2 comments:

Ladyornot.com said...

this post made me laugh. Its great to know your life is so much like mine. I am currently waiting for the termites to come this year!

Phat Girl said...

Dear Sharon-I am not a blogger nazi, I refuse to be called one, REFUSE MISSY! :)
Your Blog is simply one of my favorites! I love hearing about what happens at "always a moment"! The people in your house rock! :)