Friday, November 17, 2006

My little Turkey

Isn't he just the cutest little turkey you've every seen?

One year ago today, on November 17, 2005 we were introduced to ECI (speech therapist). A year later on November 17, 2006, Camden has been released from speech.

We have had many challenges over the last year with Camden's speech. We faced each challenge head on and I am so proud of how far he has come. When we first started speech he was 19 months old and was talking on the same level as a 9-12 month old child. Today, Camden is 30 months old and he is talking on the level of a 34 month old. We were also told that he is "smart as a whip" and ahead of his peers in intellect as well. Since he is now able to communicate and be understood, he is truly a happier child! We are so proud of you Camden!!!

We have had a busy week. Thursday, Brian was able to join me at the boys pre-school for their Thanksgiving dinner. The teachers made the turkey and the parents each brought a side and about 100 parents and kids sat down and had dinner. It was wonderful!

Friday, Noah celebrated his 5th birthday at school. He brought cupcakes and juice boxes and we all sang Happy Birthday and ate!!!

Tomorrow is the big day. I can't believe Noah will be 5! We are all ready to go bumper bowling and have a big time. I will post more on this later.

2 comments:

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

joined me...?
I cooked!

It was a great time.
b

Anonymous said...

Yes, how proud I am of Camden. I can't wait to talk with him. I am so proud he's made such huge strides. And what a cute picture!! I agree - just an irresistible turkey! Love, Tutu