Friday, January 11, 2008

Slow and steady

Camden is doing awesome with his recovery. The swelling has gone down enough that the freight train snoring that we listened to for 5 days has been replaced with silent quiet breathing!!!! He hasn't had any pain medicine in several days and is almost back to eating the quantity of food he ate before the surgery. He is still on soft foods and is handling Spaghettio's, yogurt, eggs, bananas, apple sauce, etc. like a champ. He probably still has about a week until back to normal.

I went back to the doctor this week and had a chest x-ray. I am finally headed in the right direction and am feeling a little bit better each day. I am still pretty weak and I am not enjoying the side effects of my "not friendly" antibiotic that I am on. It will take a while until I have my energy back and he said that I may struggle with Reactive-airway through the spring. I am definitely taking it easy because I do not want to relapse. Four weeks is long enough for me to be down!!!

Other things that have happened this week....

Laundry has piled up...
The house is filthy...
The washing machine is leaking water all over the floor...
The garage door broke a spring and we all thought someone had run into our garage...
Santa still hasn't delivered Camden's scooter and he is not happy...
Camden has already had Mommy write another letter to Santa because he "didn't bring what I asked for on my list!"
Noah has found the world of Webkinz.
Camden is not happy that Santa did not bring him a Webkinz. (Ooops!)
Noah is finishing up his Science Fair project (yeah, I know... they do those in Kindergarten)
Brian has been an angel all week with sick people, working and picking up the slack. We love you!!!

Hope you are having a great week!

5 comments:

Amber said...

I am just getting around to catching up on blogs! I'm so glad that Camden is feeling much better. He is going to be a much happier boy now. I really hope you are back to 100% real soon. If you need anything don't hesitate to call me. I'm off on Tuesday's and Friday's. I can go grocery shopping or whatever! I'm thinking about ya'll.......

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Well my weeks been a little better. Lots of Faith Creations orders and many sleepless nights with my busted ear drum boy over here. Surgery is on Monday, Thank You Jesus.

Ladyornot.com said...

If you need me to come over and help clean, I will.

Why is your antibiotic not friendly? Is it something probiotics will help?

Phat Girl said...

I'm praying for you. If you need me to take your laundry, bring it home and wash it, I will be happy too! Being sick is never fun! Hugs, Tammy

Anonymous said...

Dear Ones: Glad Camden and you are on the mend! Wish I were there to help out. 10 yrs. from now you won't remember a dirty house - just the bonding time you had healing with Camden. Sending you all lots of aloha. Tutu & Ross