Friday, September 07, 2007

Another busy day

Camden started back to pre-school yesterday and took it all in stride. He walked in and just started playing. I had to hunt him down to give him a hug and a kiss. What a difference a year makes.

I then headed off to work after a long summer off. Typical day until I left to pick up Camden and my car didn't want to stay running. One nice thing about working for a trucking company is that we have our own mechanics on site, so he checked out my car and of course it started right up for him with no problem. When I arrived at Camden's school he was full of energy and sporting a spiky hair-do (not what I left him with). I quickly learned they were trying to make him look as cute as possible because he had literally rolled in the sandbox and was covered in sand! Oh well, he had a blast.

After a quick trip home, we set off to pick up Noah from school, and then Dillon from Jesuit. Thursday's are always a long day in the car and so far it has worked out well. They boys get some great sleeping time driving to Dallas and then to Wylie and then home. Domino's Pizza was for dinner to help Noah's school with fundraising. How can you say "no" to your child when they give you a speech about how eating pizza will help his school make money and he is sporting a neon sticker for advertising? I fell for it, so we had pizza.

We all piled in the car and were off to Noah's first soccer practice of the season. He is on a new team this year and I am loving the coach. He reminds me a lot of my brother with lots of energy and he is really great with the kids. It is no secret that I was not overly fond of the last coach who cancelled practice on a whim and was always late when they did have practice and just wasn't very organized at all. Brian and I both noticed this season that the boys kick the ball REALLY hard at this age. They are also fast and are starting to learn positions and play "together". This should make for some exciting games to watch.

We made it back home and were all in bed by 8:30 p.m. Sorry, I don't have any pictures to post...a part for the camera/computer has disappeared. Wonder where it is?

No comments: