Thursday, June 28, 2007

My New Adventure

I did it!! I graduated from Cake Decorating class! This summer I had decided that I was going to take time and do something for myself, so I enrolled in course I of cake decorating. I enjoyed getting out by myself for a couple of hours each week and of course I had fun making and decorating the cakes. I have decided to go on and complete course II this next month and expand my decorating abilities.

Without further adieu, here is my very first cake...



Now, everyone has a bad cake and my next cake would "fall" into that category.


By the end of the night, my clowns who were sitting up just gave up and layed down! The rest of the cake gave up much earlier when it decided to slide to the right... right off the cake board!

And finally, I redeemed myself with the final cake...


I am proud of myself for going outside my comfort zone and trying something new. I had so much fun and am looking forward to making lots of cakes!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the roses the best. So I'll take a piece with one rose. But the rainbow looks nice too, so a small chunk of the color is my next choice. The three clowns have done their job and now they are resting. Congratulations on your willingness to accept the challenge.

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Wow girl. Those look great. Your roses are awesome. I remember from the cake decorating class I took a few years back that they aren't easy to do. I'm really proud of you. Looks like we both started a new venture today (check out my blog too). Stay tuned, might need a "McQueen" cake soon.

Phat Girl said...

Congrats on your new adventure!!! Okay, here's my order for my future wedding cake: I want a HUGE wedding cake, traditional white.....just make it pretty...Oh and a HUGE chocolate grooms cake! YUMMY!

Ladyornot.com said...

You did great. I could never get the roses down. I am glad you had fun!

Taylor said...

I'm so jealous, I want to take a cake decorating class. That is so cool.

FYI - Jasmine's bday is next month and she is wanting an Ariel cake!

Amber said...

WOW!! I'm sorry I'm just now reading this- I think you make great cakes and I'm sure they are very tasty! I bet that is a lot of fun and the more you make the better you get!! Keep up the good work.....