Friday, May 18, 2007

Update on Camden's knee

A week and half ago I noticed a lump in Camden's knee that has not been there before. He was squatting down outside playing and by God's will I saw it. I didn't like the look of it and made an appointment with his Ped. The Ped. wasn't confident with diagnosing it and referred us to an Orthopedic.

Yesterday we had our appointment with the Orthopedic. A series of X-rays were taken, an infrared light was shown on the lump (which Camden thought was pretty cool) and lots of poking took place. He believes it is cystic in nature and it is located near a ligament and cartilage material. (Sorry a little technical, but I want to remember all of this.) He mentioned a Ganglion Cyst which could have been caused by trauma (all that wild dancing at the wedding where Camden was throwing himself on his knees on the dance floor) and suggested Motrin for 10 days. We have a follow up in 2 weeks where we will discuss an MRI if it has not disappeared.

Please pray for God's will in this situation.

5 comments:

Ladyornot.com said...

I am sorry to hear this. We will keep you in our prayers.

Phat Girl said...

I'm praying for Camden! Poor baby.....no more wild dancing for Camden!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for little Camden's knee to heal up.....He is a tough little guy, and I know God is going to heal him up Sharon!

Love,

Uncle....

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

I'm thankful you saw it, but know that God is going to heal him.

Amber said...

Camden will be in our prayers! It seems that maybe he did get just a little too wild???