Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Spring Camping Trip

Enjoying the outdoors.





Just precious!


Roasting marshmallows for S'mores


Lunch time, we did some good eating!


Cousins all together.

Camden convincing his cousin he is not the one to marry.

Brian and Camden with Gigi in her new boat.

I have finally made my way through 7 or 8 loads of laundry and getting the kids back into a routine, so I will post about our weekend.

We had one of our best camping experiences to date last weekend. We tent-camped at Duane and Peggy's lake house in East Texas with Brian's cousins and had a mini-family reunion. We all had so much fun "fishing", swimming, roasting marshmallows and watching the kids run non-stop for three days straight. I have never seen my kids so exhausted as on the way home Sunday afternoon. They even took a 4 hour nap each on Monday just to catch up!

Noah and Camden both really enjoyed casting their fishing poles into the lake. Noah even fished for a little while with a hook and worm. He did a great job casting and not "hooking" anyone. (Brian, does that bring back memories?)

Noah and Camden also got lots of attention from one of their female cousins who couldn't quite decide which one she was going to marry the next day. In the end, no hearts were broken.

We hope to make this a new tradition each spring and maybe in the fall as well. Thank you Duane and Peggy for your wonderful hospitality and opening your home to us.

Check out Taylor's Treasures for more pics.

4 comments:

Taylor said...

I hear ya about all the laundry. I was amazed when we unpacked and my laundry room looked like it exploded.

And last night at about 7:30pm Cash started sucking his finger and I asked if he was ready for bed. He took off running to his room and was in bed before I got there. Poor thing was still exhausted.

Phat Girl said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time!
Here's the question of the day?: Where is my SMORES? YUM! I love SMORES! :)

Ladyornot.com said...

it looks like you had a great time.

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

looks like fun