Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Just a couple of "God-things"

I'm suprised I haven't had some "blog fanatic" complain about my lack of posting recently. So, with out further adieu...

Last week was full of eye-opening experiences.

The first being that I started back to work 2 days a week for a couple of hours and was met with such hostility that it took until Friday to realize how much it overwhelmed me. I will not go into the gory details because they are not what is important. What is important is what I learned about myself in the process. It was made crystal clear to me how much I have grown in my faith of Jesus. My lack of attitude and positive reaction to a bad situation was eye opening at best. I confronted the situation with an open heart and asked God to give me the strength, words and provide the timing to do what he wants. I was obedient and felt good about myself at the end of the day. I have peace that God has provided this opportunity for me to be a witness but it will not be accomplished without pain. Pain that is so minor in comparison to what Jesus did for me on the crosss.

A side note: After my first bad day back, I picked Noah up from school and asked about his day. I asked if he went to chapel and he said "yes". I then asked what he learned and he said "Mommy, God is around us all the time". He was right. (Noah has never told me what he learns in chapel, this was the first time.) How perfect is his timing!

The second amazing thing that happened was also about being obedient. I faithfully have been praying about a situation and asking for guidance. Well, the Lord answered and provided in his timing what was best for this situation. Matthew 18:15-20 was played out right before my eyes, and that was powerful!

Those of you who know me, ecspecially those of you who knew me growing up know that being obedient doesn't come easy for me. This is a new wonderful feeling! Praise God!

4 comments:

Phat Girl said...

Here's what the verse in Matthew states:
A Brother Who Sins Against You
15"If your brother sins against you,[a] go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. 16But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.'[b] 17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
18"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be[c]bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[d] loosed in heaven.

19"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. 20For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

I just read that verse today doing my bible study at lunch......I had to look it up again just to make sure it was the same one! God is working in me too lately. I feel lots of change going on inside, and I want to scream from the roof tops about it! Sharon, I am truly glad God is working in your life! Praise God's name on HIGH with all the amazing changes going on with you right now!

Ladyornot.com said...

Thanks for sharing this Sharon. I am glad that you are are listening to the Lord. It sure makes a diffence doesn't it!

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

I'm so proud of you Sharon. I have seen you grow tons in the many years we've known each other. Your example is inspiring and I know you have God smiling up there.

Anonymous said...

Sis,

I get chills reading this entry on your blog. I am so overwhelmed at God working in you and through you. I want to encourage you to remember, Not I but Christ! He will continue to do a GOOD work in you if you allow him too! I am so thankful that you have SOLD Out for CHRIST, and I am SO proud to be your brother in Christ!!

I LOVE YOU my sista in Christ!

Your bro, Mark