Monday, August 07, 2006

They say it's your birthday...

... and they were right. I turn 34 years old today. On the inside I still feel like a young'in, but on the outside I can tell I have aged. The year I turned 30 everything started to hurt, and each year since something else has been added to the list of pains. (See what you guys have to look forward to!)

I have always loved birthdays; mine, yours and even complete strangers celebrating in a restaurant. I love the excitement that I feel knowing it is a day to celebrate, I love the anticipation of cake and ice cream and of course, I love giving and receiving gifts! Since I have gotten older and had children, the emphasis has shifted from it being "all about me" to watching the joy of others celebrate their birthdays. I don't want big attention-getting celebrations but rather cherish the company of my family and a few close friends.

I will enjoy a nice dinner out with Brian's family this evening and will remember the wonderful evening Saturday night that I celebrated with my family. They served all of my favorites, lasagna, salad, garlic bread and of course, brownies and ice cream for dessert. It just doesn't get much better than that!

Thanks for making me feel so special on this special day!

8 comments:

Phat Girl said...

Happy Birthday to you! I will call you today so I can sing to you! I might hurt your ears, but you said you wanted me to sing to I will! Hip, Hip, Hooray I get to sing! fa, la, la, la!

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday Dear Sharon, Happy birthday to you. Can you believe we're 1/2 way to retirement.....What a great life we've been blessed with. I with you many birthday blessings today. Eat some cake for me. I turn 34 on the 22nd of Aug.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sharon! I hope your day is filled with all kinds of love and happieness.

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

All together now:

Happy Birrthday tooo youu....



b

Ladyornot.com said...

Happy bithday! I hope your day is fantastic!

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Dearest Sharon: I sure wish I could be there with to celebrate your birthday. I think the same as you do - they are special days for special people. I love you dearly - you are best daughter-in-law anyone could have. Beautiful, intelligent, love my son, and the best mom in the world to my grandsons - and my friend to boot. Hugs and aloha, Sharon Leilani

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday....I wish you would have told me when we spoke.....YEH!!! Hip HIP Horray!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

-Lydia

Phat Girl said...

Did you have a good Birthday?