Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A rainy day = Bubba's and Boat racing

If you haven't been to Bubba's, down in Snider Plaza in University Park, you are missin out on some heavenly chicken!!!! Brian's Aunt Tish treated us to a chicken tender lunch with all the fixins today and I don't want to put anything else in my mouth for a long time. I want to savor the taste of the chicken and mashed potatoes forever. It truly is the best chicken on this planet.

The rain settled in today and I am not complaining because it is much needed. I only hope there is more to come because everything is so dry.

About 4 p.m. though, boredom set in at our house and Brian decided a boat race was in order. At first I was the pessimist and thought this "is dumb". We all put on our rain coats and headed outside to the alley with our "bottle" boats. I brought the flag and when the flag dropped the race was on. The boats floated really well down the alley. They encountered some obstacles (acorns, rocks, etc.) but the kids had fun cheering on their boat to the finish line. The big winner was Noah, followed by daddy with a close second, Mommy came in third and Camden brought up the rear. The rain tapered off and we all headed inside. I have to admit, it was a blast.

With a lull in the rain, Brian went to work on the boats to make them sleek and fast. Currently we have Noah's boat a.k.a. "The shark fin", Sharon's boat, a.k.a. "The original speed boat", Brian's boat, a.k.a. "The pickle fork" and Camden's boat, a.k.a. "The Low-Rider". We also have two "unsponsored" boats that we are currently recruiting drivers for. Brian checked the rain forcast for this evening and the next boat race has been postponed due to "no rain".

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon, good luck on the next boat race--it sounds like a lot of fun--Kirsten and Kaden will have to try that the next time we get rain--or should I say if we ever get rain again.

Phat Girl said...

I'll take one of the boats! Watch out Noah, Miss Tammy is going to win the next race! ;)

Ladyornot.com said...

I am glad you had fun. Next time we will play. We got hungry for the speical dinner early. Thanks for the invite.