Friday, May 12, 2006

My nose and a Jalapeno pepper


After chopping Jalapeno's this morning for a vegetable dish, I made sure to wash my hands several times when I was done. I have had the unfortunate experience in the past of then touching my eyes with my hands and having my eyes on fire.

About fifteen minutes later, I casually rubbed my nose. A few seconds later my nose felt strange so yes, (I will admit to this in public) I touched just the inside tip of my nose with my finger. Found nothing and then blew my nose. This little act spread the little bit of Jalapeno juice further inside my nose. My nose was on FIRE!!!! Every time I exhaled the breath coming out of my nose made the sting 100 times worse! My eyes started to water, I started to breathe heavier (which only made the pain greater) and I started to panic. What do you do when you have Jalapeno juice up your nose and how do you make it stop?

Well, Elmo came to the rescue. Elmo the ice pack that is. Wow, ten minutes later all was right with my life. (Except for the fact that I admitted to semi-picking my nose)

1 comment:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

We have that same Elmo icepack. He work's wonders on all kinds of boo-boo's. Or should I saw boog-boog's....