Thursday, April 27, 2006

Ice Cream and CRYING?

Who would of thought that a Blue Bell Moo bar (vanilla ice cream covered with a chocolate shell) could evoke a hysterical crying tantrum.

But it did!

As Camden was eating his ice cream S-L-O-W-L-Y, it broke apart and fell off the stick. He told me it was "broke" and "fix it plea (please)". I calmly tried to explain that I couldn't fix it and he should just eat it. That clearly wasn't an acceptable answer to him and it got ugly real quick. He was screaming hysterically while holding both halves of his ice cream in his hands. I repeated over and over to hurry up and eat the ice cream. You know what happened next. Yes, the ice cream melted and the tantrum reached epic proportions.

It was not a pretty sight! Next time we will just stick to ice cream in a bowl!

4 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Oh yes, I can easily identify with the hysterical nature of the melting icecream. I believe it comes from the same premise as the hysterical nature of the "how come I can't have ONE more jelly bean" theory. Oh yes, we know it well. You are not alone in toddlerdom.

Phat Girl said...

Hey.....I am 32, and when my ice cream falls off the stick I cry too! Poor Sweet Camden! ;)

Amber said...

I know exactly the tantrum you are talking about. If you read my blog you will see what I went through last night. I think Camden and Beau are a lot alike, OR should I say strong willed!!

Brooke said...

I think it is cute how he is so innocent and knows that his icecream is "broken", and wants mommy to fix it... kids are so cute! I am sure the tantrum wasn't, but kids are cute!