Sunday, December 25, 2005

CHRISTMAS...










The calm before the storm was at 6:30 a.m. and lasted about 45 minutes. There are not words to describe Noah's reaction to seeing that Santa really had come to his house. After the kids opened Santa presents, Nana & Papa, Uncle Mark and Great Nana & Great Papa arrived with THREE cars FULL of presents. We are only lacking the marquee that says "ToysRUs" above our house now!

After a great Christmas dinner of ham, potatoes, pies, etc. we all took a much needed nap. Then we headed out to my parents new house and took a look around. Should be finished in about 3-4 weeks. (Can't wait) Then, it was back to the house for more toy playing.

Some of the highlights of the day were when Noah said grace over Christmas dinner, catching both boys breaking in their new time-out chair together. (That chair will get a lot of use!), watching Noah ride his new bike and seeing him wipe out 3 times, and then get back on and ride again, spending time with my great-grandparents who are here visiting, and giving thanks for the birth of our dear savior, Jesus.

Merry Christmas to all!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Sounds like the kids had a wonderful Christmas. I loved looking at all of the pictures!! I love it that Noah is so into Santa. It is like it is so magical to him. I hope I can make it that magical for Beau. I know my parents did!!

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

My parents also made it magical for me. And I am hoping my kids have fond memories when they are older also. I also am striving to have a balance. That they know the real reason for Christmas. Right now, that seems to be working. He understand the reason behind Christmas is Jesus birth. Hope it stays that way.

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

I'm loving the pic's and descriptions. So glad ya'll had a good one and no one was under the weather. Seems like the crud is going around these days.

Any ring given by Uncle Mark to his girlfriend??? No pressure. (wink)

Where are you're parents building?

Did Brian get a "buzz" haircut?

YES this is 20 questions.

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

I am also glad everyone is well at our house. Last year the day after Christmas we were in the emergency room with Noah because he was listless and not responding, come to find our he had phnemonia (sp?) I still am having problems with side effect of medicine, but hopefully will get it worked out soon.

It appears Tiffany is the one, but no ring yet. I don't think it will be long, maybe in the next year. We did have an engagement though. I am not allowed to tell on line, so email me and I will let you know who it is.

My parents are building on Lake Lavon in Princeton, TX. It is about 20 minutes from our house, so it is about the same distance from the drive to Garland where they lived before. We are looking forward to camping down by the lake, sailing, just running around outside, etc.

Brian did get a buzz cut. I actually cut it for the first time. I did not mean to get it that short, but I had a little mishap and we had to go shorter. He says he likes it. I don't know maybe he is just being nice. But, it was free!!

I'm cool with 20 questions.