Sunday, August 19, 2007

Mahalo


Hurricane Flossie cancelled our trip to the Big Island on Tuesday, so we ventured over to see the 8-10 foot waves she was generating on Oahu. What a sight!!! I just sat in awe of the body surfers and boogie board riders being churned like the inside of a washing machine in the waves.

















This picture is an incredible picture of a man body surfing inside the wave. As you can see Brian was ready to go in the waves. After seeing a 5 year old with her surf-board in the waves he was no longer sitting on the beach. The waves were powerful and it felt like you were going to be pulled out to sea. An experience I will never forget.

Does anyone recognize this picture with the beach and the rocks? It is from the movie "From Here to Eternity" and the opening scene from "Grease" was filmed here as well.


We are grateful to our families who made this trip possible for Brian and I. Thank you for taking such wonderful care of Noah, Camden and Gracie while we were away. We love you... Mahalo!!!

7 comments:

Ladyornot.com said...

The pictures are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing.

Happy late birthday :)

Taylor said...

Wow, how awesome. Great pictures. And you know GREASE is my favorite movie too. Bet it was cool seeing it in person.

Phat Girl said...

I'm glad you guys survived your vacation! I am glad you & Brian had a great time!

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Gosh, we need to go to Hawaii. Maybe when my lawsuit against surgeon extraordinaire is won.....

Love the sunset pic's. Amazingly beautiful. Sharon and Ross are lucky to wake up to that every morning. Kinda like the mountains in CO.

Anonymous said...

It WAS a wonderful time with Brian and Sharon and I miss them. I'm so thankful for all who took are of Noah & Camden while B&S visited us. Yes, it is nice to have such beautiful scenery but you know what? Nothing beats the love of a family and I'm SO thankful we have that. I can't wait to be in Texas and get my share of little boy hugs and squeezes. Love and aloha, Tutu and Ross.

Amber said...

I'm so glad that you both were able to get away!! Jeff and I are looking forward to doing this someday......

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Ok, you've been home a week now. Ample time to update! (wink) Don't give me any of that...well Brian's starting school so I haven't had time. I've been in the hospital and I found time. You know I'm just razzing you, girlie!