Tuesday, June 05, 2007






I have tried several times to sit down and post about our adventures, but have always gotten sidetracked.

Last week was like a whirlwind around here. It was the first full week that Brian was home and we only stopped to sleep and eat.

I found a great deal for 4 tickets, 4 baseball hats & 4 free Value meals at Mickey D's for $27.50, so we took advantage and went to the Roughriders game. We had great seats, ate a few hot dogs, drank some sodas and had a blast. It was a cool beautiful night to be out and we only had about 5 minutes of a very light rain sprinkle to cool us down even more. The kids got to be up close and personal with the mascot and they enjoyed the Frisbee dog between innings.

Next up was Memorial day. We spent it at my parents house celebrating my brother's birthday. It was a rainy day, but it was time well spent. We played a new game called "Mad Gab" and had a whole lot of fun! Just in case there was any doubt, the girls won, hands down!!!

Noah had his first sleepover last week as well. The pictures above are him packing and walking to the neighbors house. Camden didn't know what to think and missed his brother while he was away. Brian and I got to spend some time with Camden, something that doesn't happen near enough. We had fun playing games, doing puzzles and just cuddling.

The all-time favorite, bowling alley, was a stop on our list last week as well. The boys had more fun bowling and watching the pins fall down. Noah is getting old enough to actually learn the proper way to throw the ball and he picked it up easily. Camden, Mr. independent, just did it his way and had a blast.

We also ventured to the neighborhood pool where the water was just a bit cold. The boys have talked all summer about "when will the pool be open?", and the time had come so we went. I know we will be spending lots of time there this summer.

I can't forget, we tent-camped in the back yard last week also. Always an adventure. Let's just say that the dog was the best camper of the bunch! What time was it that Camden feel asleep? I don't think anyone knows because we were all sound asleep.

Brian and I have had some projects going as well that got completed last week. We trimmed our hedges for the first time in about 4 years. MUCH NEEDED!!! We also, took EVERYTHING out of our garage, cleaned, organized and re-loaded the garage! Wow, that was a lot of work, and my body is still telling me about it. Noah got a cool new ceiling fan in his room and we de-cluttered our kitchen.

I have started a new adventure in my life and will blog about it once I get more fully into it. Sorry for the book, I will try to update more often.

5 comments:

Amber said...

YOUR FUN-FILLED WEEK IS MAKING ME TIRED. YA'LL DID DO A LOT BUT IT SEEMS THAT YOU GOT A LOT DONE.....NEED TO COME OVER SOMETIME AND GO SWIMMING. BEAU WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE BOYS SWIMMING IN HIS POOL....

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

We would love that as well! My kids are turning into little water bugs, and I love that! I used to spend everyday during the summer in the water. Nothing better on a hot day, well maybe a slushie afterwards!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about the new adventure! Love reading all that's going on in the Henson Household. And that was only one week! WHEW!. Love you all, Tutu

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

New adventure....Oh, do tell!

Phat Girl said...

Please update this blog! I miss reading your adventures at the alwaysmoment household.