Friday, June 15, 2007

Camden's MRI

Camden coming out of sedation.
Camden, doing good and just a little bit more awake.
Here is our Rock-Star leaving the hospital.

Camden had his first MRI today with sedation. Last night we explained that he couldn't eat breakfast or lunch today until after he had some cool pictures taken of his knee. To make the experience a bit more fun we decided to eat breakfast last night at 10:00 p.m. Camden is such a trooper, not once today before his test did he ever ask for food or even mention that he was hungry. He is one of the strongest kids I know!

He also did great with the sedation and insertion of his I.V. Once again, there were no tears and he was very brave through it all. I was allowed in the MRI room until he fell asleep and was able to witness just how fast the right medicine can knock you out. One minute he was full of pep and the next second the Dr. is saying "he will get the wiggles" and then Camden started to wiggle forward. The Dr. then said "he will yawn" and then Camden took a big yawn. The Dr. then said "he will go to sleep" and true to form, he fell right to sleep in my arms! The test took about 45 minutes and we were told Camden woke up "fighting". Once he was taken back to the recovery room (the pictures above) we got to witness what he will be like in about 15 years drunk. He was a very hungry boy and after he was released he was treated to his pick... Steak N Shake.

We are very proud of Camden and how he took all of the unknown and scary experiences today in stride. We will have to wait at least a week for the results. I will update when I hear.

Thank you for your prayers today!

3 comments:

Ladyornot.com said...

I am glad it went to smoothly. I know as a parent, its almost harder on you than on the kids. If you all need anything let us know!

Camden you are a brave and strong boy :)

Phat Girl said...

I wish I had 25% of Camden's Braveness! I'm such a chicken when it comes to medical test.
Thanks for sharing!

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Any test results yet?