Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Feeling better and looking ahead.

Tuesday brought back our routine. The kids both went to school and I returned to work. Noah is finally over his virus and Camden is so much better but still has a lingering cough. As it would happen, I don't feel that great. My ultrasound came back clear and now I am waiting to see if I need to have a lower bowel series done.

___________________________

I can't believe Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Next week the kids have a Thanksgiving dinner at school and then we have the real thing a week later! I have some wonderful memories growing up of all getting together at my grandparents house and having a wonderful turkey dinner. Of course, I had to sit at the kids table but it didn't matter we were all together. After dinner, most of us would fall asleep in front of the t.v. watching "the football" game of choice. Not much has changed from when I was little. I still look forward getting together with relatives and just spending the day together.

What are your favorite memories or traditions on Thanksgiving?

3 comments:

Phat Girl said...

We always went to my MawMaw's house for Thanksgiving & Christmas. I loved going over to MawMaw's house to spend the day with all my relatives. We would "catch up" on our lives....and laugh, watch the football game, the kids would play in the yard, and life would be so simple. I miss my MawMaw so much this time of year. God Bless that crazy Cajun Woman!

Taylor said...

This is my favorite time of year. I am giddy excited from Halloween until New Year's! Every year we would get up early and drive to East Texas to Aunt Linnie's and Uncle Emmitt's. We would get a football game going in the big front yard until lunch. After eating the guys would hunker down in the living room to watch football and all the girls would go to Aunt Linnie's Dress Shop and SHOP! Great memories!!

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

I miss those memories at Aunt Linnie's. Great food and crazy women buying lots of clothes! So much has changed since then. I hope we can make lasting memories like those for our kids.