Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Medieval Madness

The kids and I spent the morning at the Dallas Children's Museum. What fun we had. On Wednesday's during the summer they have a different theme, and todays theme was on the Medieval times. The kids had fun making a family "coat of arms" and a crown to wear on their head. Noah also enjoyed making a stained glass window out of tissue paper. They both enjoyed using glue sticks, markers and the always favorite GLITTER!!! I think we will be wearing glitter for at least the next week, it is everywhere!

They have a kids grocery store to shop in and a hospital to play in. Both boys loved driving the ambulance. We read several stories in a HUGE chair and planted herbs in their own pots to bring home and watch grow. The highlight of the morning though was watching Camden parading around in high-heeled princess shoes while wearing his crown and covered with glitter from head to toe!!! He was very proud of those shoes and threw quite a fit when he had to take them off.

After the museum we headed off for some lunch and ended with a ride on the carousel. It was very magical day!

________________________

I just thought this conversation was cute today.

Noah to Mommy: "Daddy's not home yet."
Mommy: "No, he is at jury duty"
Noah: "Yeah, he had to go to jail today."
Mommy: (laughing) "He's not at jail today"
Noah: "Yes he is, he told me last night that he had to go have a BIG TIME OUT!"

I won't argue with that!

5 comments:

Ladyornot.com said...

I am glad you all had a good time

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

That little conversation is just the cutest between you and Noah. Isn't their innocence just precious. I can just hear Brian tell him that.

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

just to clear the record, I was not in jail
b

Phat Girl said...

Come on Brian, we are friends here.....You can tell us why you went to Jail. You tell me why you went to jail, and I'll tell you why I went to jail!

Anonymous said...

Cute about the BIG time out! That is for sure!