Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hot Temperatures = Hot Tempers

For those of you readers not from Texas, this has been the week that we Texan's dread ever summer. Monday's high was 103, Tuesday's high was 107 and Wednesday's high looks to be around 106 degrees. There is some temporary relief in sight this coming weekend.

This week started out hot outside and inside our house. Tempers have flared at our house and the only thing I can seem to pinpoint as the problem is the rising mercury. I thought Monday would never end. Noah & Camden were constantatly antagonizing each other and trying their hardest to hurt each other every time I turned my back. Noah has 2 bite marks on him and Camden has several cuts and bruises to prove their love for one another. Brian came home Monday night to find me in the living room crying and emotionally spent.

Tuesday wasn't much better. We did change things up a bit and had two different sets of friends come over and play. I thought playing with friends would keep the peace. However, lunch out proved to be a nightmare. It ended with a man in the restaurant yelling at Camden to "Shut-up the crying", not once but twice! This guy was literally on the other side of the restaurant shouting across all the patrons. He is really lucky that I have never taken karate!!!

Wednesday, just like the previous two days started off with time-outs for both kids at 6:45 a.m. I had not even made it out of bed before the fighting started. It is never good to hear a "SMACK" followed by a "Did that hurt?" and then followed by another "SMACK".

So far, it has proven to be a little better today. We ventured out with several families to see "Curious George" at the movies and then off to lunch at Chik-Fi-La with at least 50 other people. What fun!!! The boys did have a great time playing on the equipment with their friends and I am enjoying the calm (as they take naps) before the next storm.

We are in need of lots of prayer, rain and cooler temps!

5 comments:

Amber said...

A man really did that in a restaurant? How rude. I can't believe that!!

Phat Girl said...

Oh my...People are rude....that man is very lucky I was not with you, I would have made up some Karate moves on him.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for setting up the outing to the movie--the kids really enjoyed the time out of the house with their friends and I enjoyed the break from the daily 'fights'.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. I know you'll be glad when school starts. I'm also glad you don't know Karate. What a rude oaf that guy was. Someday he, too, will have a problem.
Love you all, Tutu

Phat Girl said...

Hey Woman, Update your blog! Hugs!