Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Weekend



Here are a few highlights from the weekend:

Good Friday- We enjoyed having Brian off work for the day. Brian typically plays catch-up with the "honey-do" list on his days off, and this day was no exception. After completed, the rest of the day was spent coloring easter eggs, playing outside on the swing-set, in the sandbox, riding bikes, hitting baseballs, etc. Sharon found time to go get a new shorter, sassy, different colored hairdo. As evening rolled around, Sharon and the kids visited her parents church to hear her parents sing with their choir. It was a very moving dramatic performance that ended with all the lights out while you exited the sanctuary. Brian played with our church band at another service across town.

Saturday - Brian and my parents brought the kids to the Easter egg hunt that Sharon, Uncle Mark and Tiffany helped to put on through our church. It was a huge success!!! There were probably about 150+ people who came out to do crafts, play games, eat a snack, listen to the Easter story and then hunt for eggs. It was a great outreach project for many from the community who came and participated.

After the hunt, we came back to the house for more fun playing outside. Sharon started tackling the project of painting Camden's dresser and night-stand and was excited to see what it will look like finished. After a steak & potato dinner, we all hit the sack in anticipation of the Easter Bunny's arrival.

Easter Sunday - 6:00 a.m., the Easter Bunny had been heard on the roof hopping and woke Noah up. Noah & Camden found lots of treats left for them as well as lots of eggs hidden. The Easter Bunny actually hid real eggs and Camden had a joy throwing them on the ground, cracking them. (Mommy will be making egg salad real quick!) We all got dressed and off to church we went.

After church, we headed to my parents house, where we enjoyed ribs, brisket, potatos, salad, deviled eggs and strawberry shortcake with ice cream for dessert. We had good fellowship with my parents, Aunt Wendy, Uncle Mark and "Aunt" Tiffany.

After Lunch, the "little" boys drove their RC truck around outside and tried to fly a kite. Camden's mission was to run wild outside, which would have been fine if he had kept his hat on (it was only a balmy 95 degrees!) But noooo, he would run off and someone would have to chase after him to put the hat on. On my turn to chase, I did a not so graceful tackle of Camden that scored a nice BIG scrape on my knee and lots of dirt all over me. Afterwards, Noah watched "Chicken Little" while Camden went exploring inside Nana's house.

The "big" boys, watched as dad drove out his new tractor complete with wagon carrying shotguns and a clay pigeon thrower. They had a good time shooting clay pigeons out in the yard. Tiffany is quite a shot and much tougher than I. After watching for awhile, I thought I would give it a try. The shotgun was much heavier than it looked and took quite a bit of strength for me to hold up. After a quick lesson, I yelled "ok" to release the clay, aimed and fired. I did not hit the clay, but was close. I did however, scream, get knocked backwards and think my arm was going to be ripped off! That is the most insane sport I have ever been apart of. There is no fun in pain! One time was enough for me!

Camden sacked out in the car at 6:00 p.m. and slept until 7:00 a.m. Monday morning. Noah came home to eat everything in sight because he wouldn't eat at Nana/Papa's house because he might miss something. It was a great weekend and we wish your family a Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Phat Girl said...

I love your new hair-do! It's absolutely Beautiful & Sassy!
Mark & Tiffany were great with the kids at the Easter Egg Hunt! The kids loved being silly with Mr. Mark & Ms. Tiffany! Mark, You are a Great Uncle!

Did anyone get pictures of you shoting clay pigeons? I would really LOVE to see them! Hugs!

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Do share with us a picture of your new sassy do. Can't wait to see it.

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

It may be a while on the picture. We have a stone age camera that I have to take all the film, take it to Sam's and have it developed and then post a picture from the CD, Sam's made.

Remember those days? I will as soon as I can.

Someone told me it looked like Meg Ryan's short do. All funky, sticking out in the back with a tossled look on top.