Thursday, January 19, 2006

Crock Pot Cooking...

That is what I am doing today.

Brian would be proud. I can not stand crock pot cooking. Why? I don't know. Maybe because it is to easy, to difficult to clean up (it sticks like glue to the pot and then what pot fits in the dishwasher, so you have to hand wash, YUCK!), or takes to long to cook.

Anyway, I find myself doing the big no-no about every 15 minutes. Lifting the lid and stirring. I feel this magnetic pull to do this. It's like I'm O.C.D. I just HAVE to! Does anyone else out there find themselves addicted to lifting off the lid and checking the food?

7 comments:

Phat Girl said...

Woman, Step away from the Pot!!! I love Crock Pot cooking.....it's great for a single girl! I hate to cook when I am rushed. And by the time I get home, I feel it's always a rush to cook so I can eat at a certain time!
Since you are cooking, maybe Brian can clean up tonight?!
Once again........
Step AWAY from the Pot!
Big Hugs!

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

I just can't step away. It is like an addiction. I'm serious!

The thought is nice about clean-up! I will just think happy thoughts.

Call me. I don't have your work number.

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Guilty! Only I lift the lid to smell the aroma of meat-n-taters cookin! Ummmm....now you've made me hungry.

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

by the way, I cleaned the pot!
thank you very much...
b

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

How did your crock pot dish turn out.

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

I made scalloped potatoes and ham and it was done about an 1 1/2 hours before we actually ate. It wasn't bad, a little soft.

Brian attempted chicken and rice Sat. night and it wasn't good. Made the mistake of pre-cooking the rice. Could of hung wall-paper with it.

We will keep trying.

Phat Girl said...

Next time, try a beef chuck roast with potatoes, and veggies......Cook on High for about 5 to 6 hours, or low for 8 to 9 hours.....It's wonderful, YUM!