Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Joys of Boys...


Trying to get a Christmas card picture out of my two boys has been impossible. For those of you waiting on a Christmas card from us, it may be awhile. As you can see, only one boy has joy next to Mary and Joseph. The other (Camden) is thinking of different ways he can break more outside lights. We are now down about 14 lights outside as well as the numerous ornaments from the tree inside.

I forgot how much fun a 19 month old has. Camden totally keeps me on my toes. I thought Noah was young, when at 2 he learned how to use the mouse on the computer. Well, Camden already has the routine down pat.... pull chair over to counter (where computer is), climb up on chair, look around to see if anyone is watching, play with mouse and keyboard, shut down computer, Uh-Oh! here comes mom, off to my room for time-out! REPEAT, AS SOON AS TIME-OUT IS OVER!!!! His other new trick is to stand on the back of the living room chair and then free-fall off backwards. When I catch him doing this, it is usually standing on the top of the chair and he looks at me, lifts both arms up in the air and says "Ta-dah".

Does anyone elses house look like Toys R US turned up side down and shaken? I remember when I was pregnant with Noah, I made the comment "I will not have toys all over my living room floor". Well, that was a dumb thing to say! I hardly have living room floor now with all the toys on it. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am very blessed that the Lord gave me two wonderful boys and a great husband. Thank you God! Good night.

2 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

I can totally relate to your stories of Camden's acrobatic antics. Hence, my 1 little monkey jumpin on the bed blog last night. I swear it's a 24/7 job keeping up with these active boys. But..like you I would not trade it for anything in the world. No corporate job was ever as fulfilling as being mom to my munchkin. I was just thinking yest. that by the time this boy is 18 how many times will I have said, "No", "Put that down", "Don't touch", "Put that back", "Close the door", "leave it alone", "Blow your nose", "you're wearing mama out son", "keep it closed", "Don't put that in your mouth", "Stop", "Go play", "Give me high five", "Can you dance", "Where's Daddy?", "Wanna go see Nana and Poppa?", "That will hurt you", "Put that down it's icky", "We don't play in the trash", "Are you all done?", "Want your milk", "Eat one more bite then you get a cookie", "You're gonna get a spanking if you do that again", "Get off the couch", "No playing with the blinds", "Where's Luke's nose?", etc etc etc....So fun. We shoulda gotten started having kids sooner. Oh well...hind sights 20/20. P.S. I still don't have my Christmas cards done either so don't feel bad.

Brooke said...

Your boys are so cute! How fun that they can play together and have a built in buddy for life!