Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Balmy & 82 degrees in February

Only in Texas!!

What a wonderful warm day we had yesterday. The kids and I got out and rode bikes and scooters around the neighborhood. Brian and I received bikes for Christmas because it was getting difficult to keep up walking when the kids rode their bikes. It has been many, many years since I have been on a bicycle and I will admit to a few crashes in the last week. It has been fun riding and I know we will be doing it a lot more.

I started back to my exercise class yesterday after being away since early December. Four and half weeks of illness followed by a pulled lumbar muscle have prevented me from getting back any earlier. I can honestly say that I missed exercising, which is a surprise for me seeing how I am not usually the "sweatin" kind.

I have met my first goal of losing a little over ten pounds since September and am working on my next ten pound goal. I am taking the weight loss slow and will hopefully be successful with keeping it off for a long, long time! I think it has finally clicked that it is a lifestyle change and needs to be permanent. That doesn't take away the fact that I still crave food that I shouldn't but as I get used to eating healthier, those cravings are getting less and less.

We have a pretty uneventful week ahead and I am looking forward to it. Soon, spring will be here and we will be in high gear with little down time.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you, Sharon! I'm proud of you. And you are right - it's a life-style change - not a temp.diet. HUGS Sharon

Amber said...

Congrats on losing weight! I have been back to my workout routine this week and I forgot how much it helps me mentally! I am a lot more laid back and easy going when I exercise! I take all of my stresses and frustrations out with my sweat. We'll have to keep each other motivated. I took about three weeks off of working out and now I'm back this week.

Ladyornot.com said...

we leave town and the weather gets nice. LOL

Great job on becoming more healthy. :) Keep up the great work.