Thursday, October 04, 2007

All for a flu shot

If you were driving in the North Richardson area this afternoon and saw a grown woman chasing after a 5 year boy, tackling him, throwing him over her shoulder and marching off to the building behind her... that was me!

You see, Noah found out in the car ride to the Ped's office that he was going to get a flu shot. He had to be told that way because he was going to be one unhappy camper! Sure enough, after I stopped and turned off the car he bolted from the car into the field next to the Dr.'s office. (So much for turning the child safety locks off so he could get out of the car on his own at school) I quickly bolted in the Ped's office, dropped off Camden and said to the receptionist "This is going to be fun". Oh, the look on her face was priceless.

Off I went chasing Noah around the field and finally nabbing him. Back into the office we went with him WAILING AND SCREAMING at the top of his lungs. I hog-tied him in my lap while the nurse took her sweet time getting the shot ready. Meantime, Camden just has to mention to Noah that he didn't even cry during his flu shot. (More WAILING AND SCREAMING) The deed was done and I looked over at the Recp't. and again her face was priceless with a little bit of a stifled laughed mixed in. He received a lolly pop and sticker and while I was talking to the nurse he bolted again out the door. (still WAILING AND SCREAMING) Maybe he thought he wasn't going to stick around to see if there was more to come. I don't know.

After yelling my good-byes as I was running out the door to my 2nd foot race of the afternoon, I overheard the receptionist say "We haven't had this much excitement in a long time". I responded with, "I can bring them everyday if you would like."

Always a moment!

4 comments:

Taylor said...

I'm afraid our next visit with shots will mirror your experience. Since Jasmine's 4 yr old shots every time I mention going to the Dr., her first question is whether she has to get shots or not.

I feel for ya. At least you got your workout in for the day!

Phat Girl said...

WOW....Noah is living my childhood. It took two BIG Male Nurses, 1 Female Nurse, and 2 Doctor's to give me shot and take blood once. Poor Noah! Good Job Chasing Him Down!

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Too funny, Luke is like that too about shots. I have to do the whole shove the lollipop in his mouth as soon as they give him his vaccines. Then the sticker and treasure chest toy, usually suffices.

Amber said...

I just love your blog!! I just got to actually have a chance to get caught up and your boys have such great personalities. I'm sure you are worn out but I love to hear about it all......Noah sounds just like me when I was young getting shots!! They had to literally get 2-3 nurses to pin me down for any kind of shots. My mom would make my dad take me. She just couldn't handle me. Now- I could care less about them....