Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Manic Monday, Tiring Tuesday...

Monday started with water, LOTS OF WATER. I just needed about 5 minutes to vacuum and I thought allowing Camden to play with the water in the kitchen sink for a few minutes couldn't be all that bad. WRONG! Two clothes changes, 6 soaked bath towels, a very wet kitchen floor and cabinets along with a load of laundry later... Mommy realized that wasn't the smartest 5 minutes of her life. Oh well, at least he had fun.

Next, Camden was off to the bathroom to brush his teeth. Lets just say it was a repeat performance.

Monday was also "my book club" night. I have really enjoyed being a part of this book club. Before book club I only read romance novels, the Danielle Steele and Nora Roberts variety. I have enjoyed reading books that I would not normally choose. I have not always liked all the choices but I have appreciated the discussions about them and learned more about myself and in the long run have been more open to reading other books.

Tuesday was a long day. It started off with all of us buckled in the car with no place to go. Try explaining to a 2-year old that we can't go in the car because it has a "boo-boo" (dead battery) and we don't have a band-aid big enough to fix it. I'll just say it did not go over well. In fact most of the day was spent crying from fatigue, teething, not wanting to share... You name it. We did get to play outside in the morning before it got so hot (I think 95, with a heat index of 108). The kids had fun covering themselves with sand, riding bikes and of course the all-time favorite, swinging. Brian and I even found time to put up the crown molding and do a little bit of decorating in Camden's room.

No comments: